Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Playing Catch Up...

Here's a brief summary from where we left off... We loved Dallas while it lasted! And I did in fact get to meet Jessica Simpson like I had hoped. I don't mean to sound critical, but most of the other player's girlfriends were much hotter.. sorry Jess, but thanks for getting me hooked on spray tanning! ;) Anyway, Jamar herniated a disc in his neck when the Cowboys practice facility collasped so he can no longer play football, which is sad, but thankfully (besides numb fingers some mornings and headaches) he is fine for everyday life. Some of the others in the accident had it much worse. We went to so many cool events and met lots of fun people in such a short amount of time! All my pictures from Dallas are on my other computer so I'll have to post them later.. if I stop to figure that out I'll never finish!


So we left Dallas and made a quick move to South Jordan, Utah b/c my mom had a cute little 'mother-in-law's quarters' above her garage that was open. It's adorable! It's a studio but it has a complete kitchen with full size appliances and even a washer/dryer combo (as soon as it's done washing it automatically starts drying, no switching necessary, cool right?!). It's quick to get messy but quick to clean up, it's a perfect little home! I could live here forever, but I think that once Jaxon gets in high school he might realize it's weird that his bed is in the bathroom! Jamar got a job as an outside sales rep for RSC Equipment Rentals that he really likes so we're wondering if maybe Utah gets to keep us for awhile?! Who knew! My whole family (both parents and all seven kids) live in here now so it's been great having them around, Jaxon thinks that they are his brothers and sisters since he is the only grandbaby at this point. That's our little life in a nutshell.. any questions??



9 comments:

Hog Hunting Texas said...

Very nice photos i hope you have enjoyed every moment of that time. Thanks for sharing.

JD and Jen Beck said...

We are so happy that you guys live by us- it's so much fun:) Im never letting you leave!

Tiffany said...

Yay, finally an update! It was so fun seeing you while you were here. I can't believe that the whole Rush clan is living in Utah?! Who woulda thought?! Anyways, I miss you and you need to come visit again soon.... I am sure your tan has worn off since!
Love ya

The Boothes said...

Those family photos are amazing! Hey if you ever want to hang, seriously give me a call, I am in Lehi and it would be super fun to see you! (801)822-3076. This is Michelle Bradshaw by the way! :)

Amb & Dev said...

Hey Lac! just thinkin bout you.. no more facebook? It's all good, glad you updated your blog! Love ya!

Brooke Hunt (aka Mr. Burns) said...

I know your family never wants you to leave- but we have a great thing going down here too... you'd probably love it & could work out for free everyday at our gym... and I could help you with Jaxon & the good old days could return... it's not beautiful like Utah- but the desert has it's perks... like no snow :) I'll post something again when you are hating the weather in the winter... I know my chances of convincing you then will be much higher than when you are enjoying UTAH in the SUMMER- HELLO- THAT MAKES THE OTHER 9 MONTHS WORTH IT... So I know it's a long shot- but consider it maybe. LOVE YOU!

DeWitts said...

Hey guys!
I didn't even know you had a blog. It was fun seeing you at aunt Karens. It looks likes you're doing just fine in Utah. We love ya guys!

Marti

Sugar Jane said...

can I just say lac, that I love you! And miss your funness!

Anonymous said...

..........